Free Consultation with a
CALIFORNIA LEMON LAW ATTORNEY
When your "defective" New or "Certified Pre-Owned" Vehicle can't be fixed after a "reasonable number of attempts", the California "Lemon Law" requires the manufacturer to repurchase or replace the vehicle for the full purchase/lease price.
If you'd like a FREE consultation about your vehicle:
Call us at
THE CALIFORNIA LEMON LAW
The California Lemon law presumes your car is a Lemon when:
(1) The vehicle is used for personal or household purposes. (Vehicles owned by a small business may qualify under limited circumstances)
(2) The defect first presents itself within 18 months of delivery or 18,000 miles, whichever comes first,
( When the "Presumption" applies, they have to prove your vehicle is NOT defective. After that, the "burden of proof" shifts to you, and you have to prove that it is.)
(3) The defect cannot be repaired after four attempts; or, after two attempts, if continued use is likely to result in death or serious bodily harm.
(4) Or, the vehicle has been in the shop for a total of 30 days;
(5) The defect substantially reduces the vehicle’s use, value, or safety to the consumer and is not caused by abuse of the vehicle.
If you were sold a Lemon, the manufacturer must repurchase or replace your vehicle. However, even if your vehicle does not qualify under the Lemon Law, you may still have claims under federal and state warranty laws, California's Unfair and Deceptive Practices Act, and common law theories such as fraud, negligence and strict liability.
If you have questions about your new or certified pre-owned call us for a FREE, no-obligation consultation at (877) 320-2380
The consultation is totally confidential, and we'd be pleased to give you our thoughts about your circumstances.
Or, you can submit your contact information and we will respond promptly
I'd Like a FREE
I understand the consultation is in complete confidence; and that
I am under no obligation.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
The Rose Consumer Law Firm is the one of the finest law firms that I have ever encountered. Attorney William Rose is extremely knowledgeable, he is responsive to urgent matters, and he goes above and beyond to help people resolve their problems successfully.
- James M., Orange