Your Vehicle is a "Lemon" if...
It has serious defects which cannot be fixed after a reasonable number of repair attempts.
Under the California Lemon Law your vehicle must be used for personal or household purposes. It is presumed to be Lemon if:
(1) The defect first presents itself within 18 months of delivery or 18,000 miles.
(2) The defect cannot be repaired after four attempts; or, after two attempts, if continued use is likely to result in death or serious bodily harm; or,
(3) The vehicle has been in the shop for a total of 30 days;
(4) The defect substantially reduces the vehicle’s use, value, or safety to the consumer and is not caused by abuse of the vehicle.
If your vehicle qualifies as a Lemon, the manufacturer must either buy back the vehicle for the full purchase price* or replace the vehicle with one of equal value. Your choice.
If the manufacturer refuses or delays for an unreasonable time, you can request arbitration to resolve the issue yourself or consult with a qualified Lemon Lawyer.
If you think you may have a Lemon, you can determine your rights by calling us for a Free Consultation. There is no obligation. We'd simply be pleased to answer your questions and see if we can help.
We can be reached at:
Or, you can submit your information in the form to the right and we will respond promptly.
You should keep detailed records of all the problems caused by your vehicle, for example, additional expenses and the time lost from work.
Also, your retail sales agreement and service records will need to be reviewed in order to evaluate your claim. If you do not have these documents, you should request them from your Dealer. You shouldn't have any difficulty. It's a reasonable request. If you do, it is something we should discuss.
Again, if you have questions about your new or certified pre-owned vehicle call us at (877) 320-2380 or provide your information to the right and will be back with you promptly.
* Less a mileage charge for use of the vehicle before the defect first appeared. The charge is a percentage of the purchase price calculated by dividing your mileage by 120,000.
I'd Like a FREE
I understand the consultation is in complete confidence; and that
I am under no obligation.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
The Rose Consumer Law Firm is the one of the finest law firms that I have ever encountered. Attorney William Rose is extremely knowledgeable, he is responsive to urgent matters, and he goes above and beyond to help people resolve their problems successfully.
- James M., Orange