WHAT IS A "LEMON"
UNDER CALIFORNIA LAW?
A defective New or "Certified Pre-Owned" Vehicle qualifies as a Lemon under California Law when it can't be fixed after a "reasonable number of attempts". Then, if the defect cannot be fixed, the California "Lemon Law" requires that the manufacturer repurchase the vehicle for the full purchase / lease price or replace it. *
California Law presumes your car, SUV or truck is a Lemon when:
(1) The vehicle is used for personal or household purposes. Vehicles owned by a small business may also qualify.
(2) The defect first presents itself within 18 months of delivery or 18,000 miles, whichever comes first,
(3) The defect cannot be repaired after four attempts; or, after two attempts, if continued use is likely to result in death or serious bodily harm; or,
(4) The vehicle has been in the shop for a total of 30 days;
(5) The defect substantially reduces the vehicle’s use, value, or safety to the consumer and is not caused by abuse of the vehicle.
If you have questions, you can call us for a FREE, no-obligation consultation. We'd be pleased to answer your questions and give you
our thoughts about your circumstances.
We can be reached at:
Or, you can submit your information in the form to the right and we will respond promptly
If you were sold or leased a defective vehicle, the manufacturer must repurchase or replace it. However, even if your vehicle does not qualify under the Lemon Law, you may still have claims under federal and state warranty laws, California's Unfair and Deceptive Practices Act, and common law theories such as fraud, negligence and strict liability.
If you have questions about your new or certified pre-owned vehicle call us at (877) 320-2380.
The consultation is totally confidential,
* Less a vehicle usage offset determined by the mileage at the first appearance of the defect.
I'd Like a FREE
I understand the consultation is in complete confidence; and that
I am under no obligation.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
The Rose Consumer Law Firm is the one of the finest law firms that I have ever encountered. Attorney William Rose is extremely knowledgeable, he is responsive to urgent matters, and he goes above and beyond to help people resolve their problems successfully.
- James M., Orange